Snapping Turtle Conservation

Sharbot

Snapping Turtle Conservation

Post by Sharbot » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:55 am

Hi!

My name is Andrea Maranger, I am a fourth year biology student at Queen's University. I am currently enrolled in a conservation biology class with Dr. Paul Martin and we are required to implement a conservation project of our choice. My partner, John Mackinnon, and I decided to focus our line of work in the conservation of local snapping turtle populations. We decided to choose these animals because they have a significant impact on the health of our lakes here in Ontario and are at risk of a major population decline due to human activity. Our project requires some community outreach and we felt that in order to maximize our conservation impact, we wanted to target those in direct contact with lakes in the Frontenac Region and we thought you would be an appropriate association to reach out to. I have here attached a letter that we would really love to have circulate around the cottage associations of Ontario. We were wondering if you would be willing to forward it on to your members? We would really appreciate your support!

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions of comments.

Thank you very much!

Andrea Maranger & John Mackinnon
Queen's University Department of Biology
Conservation Biology
Attachments
Snapping Turtle Conservation.pdf
(537.29 KiB) Downloaded 731 times

Chris Rowland

Re: Snapping Turtle Conservation

Post by Chris Rowland » Fri May 06, 2016 2:05 pm

This is a great. The "wetland" area around Shibley Road has an abundance of snapping turtles.. I had to help this poor fella cross the road yesterday.
Attachments
Snapping Turtle.jpg
Snapping Turtle.jpg (585.6 KiB) Viewed 3090 times
~~~

Sharbot Lake - Lost Bay